This has all the characteristics of a good potluck dish: It’s easy. It’s cheap. It’s creative. It looks good. It tastes even better. And the leftovers, if you ever have them, make for a fantastic lunch.
- 2 boxes of garlic flavoured couscous
- 1 avacodo
- 1 red peper
- 1/2 white onion
- Ricotta cheese
- Cook the couscous.
- Sauté a red pepper, some chopped up onion, and an avocado in Coca Cola (yep. That’s right. Coca cola. Just trust me on this.).
- Combine the couscous, the sautéed vegetables, and some ricotta cheese
- You can sub Feta or goat cheese for the ricotta
- I like to throw some of the cheese in the pan while sautéing the vegetables so it can absorb some of the sweetness of the Coke.
- If you don’t have Coke, you can sauté the vegetables in a sweet garlic sauce or jelly.
- Optional addition: tofu, chicken, or any other protein
Mmmmm–this is making me hungry! Probably should’ve eaten lunch before writing this post.
One thought on “My Favourite Potluck Dish: Warm Couscous Salad”
Couscous is not gluten free, though I read sometimes using brown rice as a substitute may work. But, I may try this for Mom since she has become an avacado addict.